Friday 4 September 2020

MasterCard to the rescue

When we took the Kettle to Phil's I was expecting to lay out a fair chunk of cash to get it back on the road as a runner.  I wasn't expecting it to be a show winner as I didn't have the budget for "better then new" shiny.

But as we chatted in his air conditioned workshop it became clear that engine out, fix, back in wasn't going to cut the mustard.

As well as the obvious jobs like the throttle grip and cables, the front master cylinder and calipers to rebuild, I supplied the part for these, there were other jobs.

You will have seen them from photos in previous posts from myself and photos that Phil has supplied in the course of the strip down.

Why do one wheel when you can do both?  The exhausts rusted to buggery?  

Then jobs that I hadn't thought of - the clocks could do with a refurb.....

The strip down has revealed even more problems and another list of parts. I have ordered them all! At least between then MasterCard and PayPal make it so easy to spend spend spend.


I need to add up what has been spent so far and hope that it doesn't blow my budget too far.





No comments:

Post a Comment