Tuesday 3 November 2020

Another event to aim for?

Another target that might be more achievable than the Coupes Moto Legende in May 2021 might by the Suzuki T&GT Club Nederland Treffen at the beginning of June. Info here.

As with many events it was supposed to have taken place in 2020 as the 20th Anniversary rally but was cancelled due to the Covid-19 pandemic. So now it is the 21st Anniversary Treffen!

Claire and I went many years ago and it would be nice to have another trip over there.  The timing looks quite good as the week that it starts is when I am on half-term holiday.  I doubt that Claire will want to go on the bike but once it is back from Dr Phil she might change her mind.

The last time we went ex-GP racer Wil Hartog was the main guest and he led the ride-out. I have a photo of Claire and him together.

Claire and Wil Hartog

I emailed the club's secretary and he said that this was probably the 2004 treffen when Wil was there.

The rally this year is to be held a bit further away from UK than the last time we went.  it looks to be about 300 miles.  Might be a good shakedown for the Kettle.

Once I find out where the exact location is I can have a look at maybe going....

There is one problem with this event. There is no B&B/Hotel option and so it will mean camping. I haven't camped for a good many years and by then I will be a 65yo pensioner!


No comments:

Post a Comment