Tuesday 10 November 2020

T and GT Club Nederland 21st Anniversary Rally

Okay as previously posted I have set this as a target for next year. The Rally/Treffen is at the end of the school half-term weekend in London.

The rally entry price includes camping.  I have not camped for many years and a brief look at tents on Amazon and eBay shows that a small one/two person tent could be had for about £30 to £35.  And one that is as easy (!) to put up as an umbrella.

But, with my various medical conditions I am afraid camping is not for me.  So I had a look around on booking.com for somewhere like a B&B or hotel within easy reach of the rally site.

There is a rally ticket price that includes all the events but not camping and the rider has to book their own hotel.

According to Google maps there is a hotel on the same road as the rally site and is 350 metres away.  So I booked it with the free cancellation option.

Het Spijkerhuys is going to cost about €70 a night with no breakfast.  I don't have to pay until 17th May and I have free cancellation until midnight on the 19th and they will refund. I should know long before then whether I can go and whether the bike will be ready.  have set a reminder on my Google calendar to cancel on the 15th!


Tankard and ticket from the 2004 Treffen

No comments:

Post a Comment