Wednesday 16 December 2020

Insured and ready for the road

Whilst the bike was simply festering in the garage I didn't have it insured recently.  It was on my multi-bike policy until about 4 years ago though. As it couldn't be ridden I let it lapse. 

If any thief wanted to break in and ignore the Rocket to get to it, and then try to try and find neutral and then push it on flat tyres, then they could have it!  It wasn't worth very much (so I thought) in that condition.

So that Phil can road test it, the bike needed to be insured for the frog and toad.  A phone call to Carole Nash today and it is covered from midnight tonight.

Mind you it cost as much as the Rocket to insure!  

When the summer comes and I decide whether to keep the Rocket as well as the Kettle, then maybe I'll shop around.  

Currently, I don't ride as much as I like. Those holidays that both Claire and I have enjoyed over the years have faded and it is years since Claire went on the back at all. Maybe time to get rid of the long distance capable bike whilst it has some value and just keep the Kettle for the high days and holidays?



No comments:

Post a Comment