Saturday 23 July 2022

New baffles

I went out to do a little polishing to pass a few hours, okay an hour. Nothing on the TV and well, I have a ride out tomorrow. 

Someone might get the camera out and Suzi needs to look as good as I can get it. 

I was using Peek to clean up some surface rust on the shocks and luggage rack when I saw a bit around the top of the large exhausts.

I think the active ingredient in Peek is something that smells like pee. Pee not pea....

To make it easier I was also using a pan scourer! A little Peek and a light rubbing. Nothing too hard. The idea is to get the surface off and not scratch the chrome to buggery. 

I cleaned up the frankly disgusting oil coated chain guard with some oil/grease wipes and then Peek on there too.

I even had a go at the rusty rear mudguard. It's not in too bad shape apart from the rust around the frame mounting points. A shame but unless I can get a new one or maybe find someone to repair and rechrome then the 45 year old one has to stay. Around 30 years ago I removed it and gave it a clean and painted it with black car undercoat. Maybe that helped?

It looks a lot better. 

The chain looks a bit silvery pink. This is actually what the Slippit-In chain lube looks like!

My brother, Neill, gave it to me when we tidied out his garage earlier in the year when he was moving out of his flat. Weird stuff once it hits the chain!

I usually use Wurth chain oil.

This looks a little weak/thin when sprayed onto the chain but seems to do the job. I use it on Vera Strom too. In fact I took a can with me on the Czech trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment