Saturday 12 August 2023

Petrol Leak

I always goll the fuel tank on both bikes to the bottom.of the filler neck to avoid any leaks.

When I was out last week on Suzi. I filled the tank as usual. When I dropped off the stand, the fuel slopped around and there was a slight dribble from the left side.

It looks like the rubber seal inside the chrome cap has worn. I have a new one arrived in the post. These are a massive £8 each.

The cap itself looks a little rusty underneath and the pins that locate into the tank are also looking a bit frail. Maybe I will have to replace that too. 

I am hoping that the Kettle Club have a member discount at Robinson's Foundry in Canterbury. A few pounds off the £35 cost would be very nice.

When I was the Editor of the Suzuki Owners Club magazine, I ensured they had an advert in every edition!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment