Thursday 10 August 2023

Tip Run Kettle Finds .

Whilst clearing a load of stuff from the garage for a tip.run, I opened up my old Freewheel Shuttle trailer.

It's been buried under pile of stuff for years probably since we moved here in 2001!!! The lid has almost fallen off and the hitch is very rusty. I should have done this year's before and towed it to the tip when I had the Insignia. Now it's going to be a problem getting rid of it. It's past repair. Such a shame but it needs to go.

What did I find? A tent. Some blankets. A groundsheet. But more importantly a black GT750 tank with flap and a key but no filler cap or tap. I knew it was there though.

But what was more interesting was a box with "rear mudguard" on. The postal address to me, was at my previous address. So it had to have been before April 2001!!!

When it arrived I stashed it away and it found its way into my old trailer.  I hadn't even opened the package.

I'll do that tomorrow. I can't even remember buying it. I guess it would have been eBay.


The black tank is another matter. This would have been around 1995 or so. A guy got my contact details from the Suzuki Owners Club and emailed me. He gave me the tank and some other small parts for free.  

Something that never happens nowadays in the modern world.

I am praying that after 20+ years wrapped in bubble wrap in a box, and in the trailer, it's not a rusty one like the one on the bike.

I also found another small box containing 4 brand new indicators.... Photo blurred, and two mint silver side panels!

I posted on the Kettle Club FB page but it got deleted. Sharing your good luck is good,  not on the Kettle Club sites though!

No comments:

Post a Comment