Tuesday 23 February 2021

New petrol tap

As a fall back in case the old petrol tap is knackered, I have bought one off eBay that Phil suggested to me. 

It arrived today. Looks pretty good. When I get the old one off at the weekend I'll see if it needs cleaning and maybe put this one on until the Suzuki part can be cleaned properly.  I just want to get the bike fired up.

The other job to do it fit the speedo cable. For some reason Phil didn't refit it and it is a bastard to get the top fitted and screwed up tight. I fiddled with it the other day, again, and still can't get the thread to take on the speedo base.

I have also ordered  a new rubber guide (part number 58621-21204) to fit into the B model front mudguard.


When I bought it I couldn't get another A front guard for love nor money.  I prefer the A type with the stays but I couldn't get one, hence John Storrie fitting the current B model.  

No comments:

Post a Comment