Saturday 27 February 2021

Tank off..

Got the tank off this morning to check out why when on PRI there is no fuel flowing.

I noticed once the seat was up that the rubber and metal strap at the back was missing. So of course, I needed to get a new one. All this adds up.


Had to drain off over five litres of fuel that went in last weekend.  Once the tap was off you can see how caked it is in fine rust particles. 

The main tank feed had no filter at all, it was loose in the tank. Plus the reserve filter is split and not doing much filtering. I cleaned what I could but it's still not letting any fuel through.

What a mess 

Filter free tap

The one I sourced last week arrived. Useless. It needs to go back as the top plate is way too small to fit the mounting holes. Emailed the eBay seller and of course nothing is straightforward. Looks like this one is going in the bin!

I have tracked down a new NOS genuine part (very expensive) and have ordered that. So another weekend passes.....

Update 6th March

The tank strap arrived today. Just in time to go on the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment