Tuesday 13 April 2021

A few pix

Whilst I was out testing the Peek metal polish I took a few pics of the bike in the garage.  I still have to sort the idle and the mirror positioning.

I don't think my neighbours will appreciate me starting up and running up to temperature on the drive.  The smoke might be a hazard.

Another job for the future is to replace the headlamp.  The bottom of the the unit is rusting and although it doesn't appear to affect the light it produces, I guess it should be done.

Anyway. Some pics from today.


Barry Sheene Keyring

No leaks fuel tap!!

Many restorers like to get all the decals in the right place too.  Mine on the tank flap has been there since 1993 and is staying for the future! I bought a Megadeth cassette (remember those?) in Brno and this came with it.


Megadeth sticker from Czechia!

Another sticker from the same sort of time is the one on the read light bracket.  When I was in Czech working in Zastavka, I put this one on as I passed through the border several times. In those days before the EU allowed number plates to carry the national plate of each member state I had to have a separate GB sticker.  That was stuck to the back of seat.  

From when it was Czechoslovakia in 1992

As I didn't have the rack fitted in those days both were easily visible.  The border I went though most often was Mikulov/Waidhaus and the guards on both sides got used to seeing me pass though.

It look as though it will have to come off to sort that rust out. It's been there since 1992 and it seems a shame to remove it unless I can get the toothbrush in with Peek or Solvol!

And lastly. A warning sticker. Same vintage.


No comments:

Post a Comment