Saturday 17 April 2021

Second Ride

I turned down the idle using the wheel between the centre and right carbs 

Adjusted the mirrors so I could see behind me.

I needed the dbPower unit to start on the button. This ought to have been a warning. Suzi eventually started and we were off. The tickover had gone down to 2500! 

I set off for a loop around to Dymchurch, New Romney, Brenzett and across the marsh to home.

Everything seemed okay until I went to turn off between Brenzett and the Marsh. With lights and indicators the engine began to stutter. After the turn the engine stopped.

All the way home I was okay with no lights and no indicators!

It looks like a problem with the charging system. I had something similar in 1992 and it was a faulty connection under the left side panel. Let's hope it is that easy to locate.

End mileage today 75639.2 - a whole 29.9 miles covered. A total of 44.7 miles since I got it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment