Monday 14 June 2021

Bogging down!

General consensus on the GT750 FB page is that the bogging down and stalling may be to do with the pilot jets being (partially) blocked.

If I had been a mechanic I would have done the job of rebuilding the engine and carbs myself and not given them to someone else to work on.

And this looks to be the same. I have a couple of small bike shops locally, that hopefully will be open to callers, that I can contact and see if they can take it in and clean the carbs and maybe fit an inline filter.

I sloshed the tank out to get rid of any rust and also filtered the fuel through a coffee filter (!) before it went back into the tank.  

The tap is brand new and has two new filters fitted and I had hoped that any rust and debris would have been trapped.

So that gives me another job to do. 

 Hopefully I can get to one of them tomorrow and see when they can have a look.

Firstly, I need to up the tick over speed and see if that helps with it actually stopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment