Sunday 13 June 2021

Sunday Ride Out

The plan was to meet Cal and Trevor from the Meldrews at H's.

Suzi's battery was flat again and even with the dbPower unit connected there wasn't enough power to start other than with the kickstart.

I fitted the old Givi Topbox so that I could take the dbPower with me, just in case, and a hat!

Once going it was an easy enough ride to H's taking the A20 to Folkestone and then on the Canterbury road.

Tickover still a problem with the throttle rolled off. It drops below a 1000rpm and dies. Luckily the electric start was working.

Cal is thinking of trading his F800 in for a Honda Forza scooter. It looks a decent bit of kit with a 350 engine. He says on a test ride it rides pretty well. It does look nice.

Kent Motorcycles has two Gold Wings in stock as well. A bit too much for me, weight and price. A tad over £31000!!!

I decided to come back via Dover and the A2 and A20/M20 route. Avoiding country lanes and possible gravel and mud strewn surfaces.

Luckily Suzi started up but needed the choke. I'm sure after an hour in the hot sun that it shouldn't have needed it?

In the end I got home with the odometer reading 75715.7.

 
On the drive after the run out

No comments:

Post a Comment