Wednesday 26 July 2023

First Ride Out for Ages!

After almost a week on the battery charger, on and off not continuously, I decided as it was actually dry today, to pop it back in and press the "go" button.

Immediate success. It took four stabs of the button with the choke down and she burbled into life.

It's 39 years since I brought her home from the Suzuki dealers in Hanwell, West London.

That burble and the odd pop and rattle is music to my ears.

I got togged up and set off for a short ride around. By the time I'd got on the main rode I had to switch the tap to "RES".

The tank took £20 or 13.9 litres to fill to the top. 

Then I was off, Folkestone, Hawkinge then down to Gibson's Farm Shop at Wingham.

Letting her run in a sweet spot around 50mph on the speedometer. On the short bit of the M20 I did run her up to 70. Smoothly in top gear just opening the throttle gently.

She had a rest whilst I was inside buying cherries 🍒. These are from their own orchard and £2.99 a punnet and BOGOF.

I added a pork pie too. Also sourced locally ... 😉

The ride back through Elham Valley at a lower pace was very relaxing.

I was home about an hour and three-quarters after leaving. 

As V-Strom is off the road with an expired test certificate it does leave Suzi with the job of being the bike I can ride. But before any more miles go under the wheels it's cleaning and polishing time!

Once indoors I put the fuel stop into Fuelly. The result was one on the best mpg's since she was put back into service.



No comments:

Post a Comment