Friday 21 July 2023

Dead as a dodo!

Okay, the bike hasn't been used much this year. Other commitments and of course, weather. 

So it was still has a little surprise when even with the power pack (that can start a 2 litre diesel car!) there was nothing but a click.

As I no longer have a battery charger I was a little stuck. The battery is a Motobatt and usually it's very good at keeping the charge levels up. 

First stop was to pop into Halford's and Argos online to see that they have. I don't have any power in the garage and so I had to opt for one that I can use in the house. I opted for a 4amp charger and picked it up for £22.  It's cheap but seems to have decent reviews though.

Once the battery was out of the bike I had it set up on the table in the conservatory.  I had expected, according to the instructions, that the needle would be way over the right and as the battery charges it would swing to the left. It started off in the middle.

It's been on now for only about and hour as has moved slightly to the left!  



Bit blurred!


Fingers crossed. 

P.S. It's nearly a year since I last posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment