Monday 10 August 2020

Still getting bits together


Just checking on the DVLA website that they still have the bike listed and registered!

When I took the bike to Dr Phil last week I forgot to put the centre downpipe (from my collection of bits in tea chests) into the parts box.  

Doh!  

The centre pipe on the bike is basically rust and this one needs a little spruce but it okay.  Phil was showing me a range of pipes that I could get but they start at about £700 a set for expansion chambers and I don't think I have that in the budget. I don't particularly want chambers and lose the mainstand.

Phil also suggested we  fit the Accent electronic ignition. To do so I need to have original carbs,  as the ones from the RITA system won't fire the new system. Something to do with ohms!

The RITA system was working aok when the bike last run but it is over 35 years old and there are no parts for it if it goes phut. I'll get Phil to package it all up and maybe put it on eBay. Someone might want it.

Once I get to the last tea chest I can see where the OEM coils are and package them up with the centre pipe and post off to Phil.


No comments:

Post a Comment